The mysterious and magnificent process of growth has been God-ordained since the creation of the world. A giant redwood tree grows from a seed merely 1.6 millimeters in diameter to exceed ninety meters in height, and microscopic whale eggs become whales over thirty meters long. All that’s required is an environment with the correct amount of nutrients, sunlight, and safety. Many concepts that are true of physical growth are also true of spiritual growth.
Christian Family explores Scripture, looks at scenarios encountered while raising children, and offers practical advice and exercises to nurture children toward spiritual maturity. This course identifies the essential parts of nurturing children at each stage of his development. We recognize the individualities of each child, but offer general guidelines and suggestions for each stage of the process, from raising young children through coming alongside adult children.
Through your study of this course, we pray that you will:
- Develop a better understanding of how to raise a child for God’s glory
- Come to understand and intentionally apply positive patterns in parenting
- Develop Christ-centered methods in family focus
- Understand Scriptural concepts of discipline
- Strengthen your commitment to your family
- Develop a stronger relationship with your child
This course will help you raise your children to become mature and responsible Christians—prayerfully modeling and teaching Scriptural Christian values and trusting God with the results in your child’s life.