Advanced Studies in the New Testament
The New Testament is valued in many settings as both a historical and cultural treasure, but Christians revere it as the culmination and climax of the ultimate source of spiritual guidance. This collection of ancient writings tells the pivotal story of Jesus of Nazareth, who came as the Messiah promised in Old Testament prophecies to establish the kingdom of God among men. These Scriptures follow the expansion of the kingdom, observe its testing, and witness its ultimate victory.
This course examines all twenty-seven New Testament books, their authors, their historical context, and their unique messages and purposes for both the Christian believers and the wider world. The message of each of the New Testament books is hope for all who accept Jesus Christ as their Savior.
Through your study of this course, we pray that you will:
- Be able to state the author, date, origin, recipients, occasion, characteristics, key word, and argument of each NT book
- Know the chronological order of each NT book, and how it relates to the book of Acts, to Roman history, and to Jewish history
- Be able to show how each NT book relates to your culture and to world missions
- Personally apply the truths that you have learned from God’s Word
- Treasure God’s call to a personal relationship with Him through Jesus Christ
As you begin your study of the New Testament, get ready to see God’s plan unfold through His Word to mankind.